Over the past fifteen years as a B2B SaaS founder, I’ve watched as best practices and category-defining software products were invented and reinvented for nearly every user persona. But there was always one group left behind.
Their titles contained words like “partnerships,” “alliances,” and “business development,” and they were responsible for building relationships and ecosystems that crossed company lines. The work they did contained enormous potential, but the gridlock of cross-company data collaboration made it nearly impossible to convert that potential into results — let alone measure and scale them. In my past companies, we called this “the partnership dilemma.”
We experienced this firsthand at my first company RJMetrics, and the more folks we talked to, the more we realized that we were not alone. So, three years ago, Buck Ryan and I decided to do something about it. We co-founded Crossbeam, the world’s first and most powerful partner ecosystem platform.
We started with the best account mapping engine ever built — an “escrow service for data” that allows companies to see how their customers and sales pipelines overlap without oversharing information. That evolved into workflows for co-selling, coordination, collaboration, and measurement. Most recently, our Partner Cloud has integrated Crossbeam data with the platforms where go-to-market teams do their work every day.
Today, three years and more than 5,000 companies later, Crossbeam has created a formidable new category of software and is at the forefront of its emerging market. All thanks to our amazing user community and the network effects at the core of our model.
Among the thousands of businesses in our network, we’re proud to include over 300 of the SaaS 1000, hundreds of unicorns, and dozens of publicly traded companies. We’re especially grateful for amazing customers like Twilio, Procore Technologies, HubSpot, Productboard, Netlify and the many others who have allowed us to tell the story of how Crossbeam has helped turn their partner ecosystems into growth engines.
And today we’re thrilled to share news about a new partnership of our own. We’re announcing a $76M Series C funding round led by Sarah Wang and Jennifer Li from Andreessen Horowitz. Along with the exciting addition of the a16z team, we are humbled to have participation from:
- The lead investors from every one of our prior funding rounds: Redpoint Ventures, FirstMark Capital, First Round Capital, and Uncork Capital.
- Investments from some of the largest partner ecosystems on the planet, including Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, HubSpot Ventures, and Okta Ventures.
- Dozens of go-to-market leaders who are excited to lend their relevant expertise and amplify our story, including our new friends at GTMfund and Blitzscaling Ventures
So where do we go from here? As shown in our 2021 State of the Partner Ecosystem Report, the amount of energy, talent, dollars, and thought leadership pouring into our space is unprecedented.
Our task is no longer to preach the virtues of partner ecosystems but also to empower those who embrace them.
Ecosystem is Everything is no longer a tagline. It’s reality. We are entering an era where networked economies govern how and where companies experience growth. Our goal is to power that ecosystem economy. As for how we’ll get there and what you’ll see next, the best public roadmap is to simply revisit our company values:
- Feed the Network. We create value when our network grows, and our network grows when our users win. Our upcoming product roadmap is rich with functionality that will make our users superstars in their own companies. What’s up next in the realm of attribution, integrations, and analytics will be transformational to our industry. You can also expect more trendsetting thought leadership than ever, including beloved content pieces like our Ecosystem Diagnostic and Partner Playbook.
- Trust is Our Business. We lead the industry in trust, security, and privacy best practices, and we’re doubling down on our investments in this area. We’ll continue to set the bar on security and arm our users with the knowledge and functionality to make Crossbeam the perfect fit for their needs and environment.
- Equity. We’re committed to building a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success. As we bring together even larger communities and grow our team more rapidly than ever, our responsibility to uphold this value is growing exponentially — and so is our commitment to doing so.
- This is Fun. What happens when you mix category creation, network effects, exponential growth, and a company of people who all share the values above? You learn fast, build something you’re proud of, and have a whole lot of fun doing it. Learn more about what it means to be a Beamer — and see our open roles — on our careers page.
If you’re interested in learning more, the best way to understand Crossbeam is to experience it. You can claim your company’s free account by registering here or click here to connect with a member of our team and see a demo.
We’re honored and humbled to work with so many supportive, creative, and collaborative people, from our team to our users to our investor community. In the many exciting years ahead, we hope to make them all proud by building and leading an invaluable new class of software and creating a more connected business world. Now let’s get back to work.
Do unlimited account mapping with your entire partner ecosystem for free. Get up-and-running in minutes.