Maureen Little: Scaling ain’t easy | Supernode Conference 2022
With more than 7,300 integrations and growing, identity platform Okta needs to know which tech partners to prioritize and when. For example: To work with an assigned partner person from Okta’s team, a partner must drive $10 million in influenced revenue. To get custom integration tools and joint development, a partner must drive more than $30 million to Okta. This prioritization didn’t happen overnight. Maureen Little, VP of Technology Partnerships at Okta, shares how she segmented Okta’s partners, aligned their partners with Okta’s goals and deal flow, and grew Okta’s tech ecosystem using scalable programs, people, and tools.
- 2:30 – This is what happens when you grow really fast
- 4:35 – Align your partner program to your company strategy
- 7:20 – How we prioritize at Okta
- 8:45 – You have to understand your product roadmap
- 9:59 – How to align with sales and marketing
- 11:30 – Partner motions and outcomes
- 13:34 – Articulating your vision and getting approvals
- 14:26 – Build scalable programs
- 15:53 – Build criteria and segment partners
- 16:23 – Clarify your partners and the role they play
- 17:00 – Define your deal flow process and what stage each partner comes into
- 17:20 – Bring in software and great people
- 19:05 – Build visible impact
- 20:43 – Two categories of partners: GTM and product
- 21:00 – Provide continuous updates on key metrics
- 22:11 – Focus on people
- 23:15 – Define roles across the partnerships org
- 25:00 – Gain internal allies
- 26:00 – Make sure your partner program aligns with you and your skills
About Maureen Little:
At Okta, Maureen oversees the team charged with identifying and delivering unique, high-impact technology partnerships that drive customer value. Prior to joining Okta, Maureen was a Senior VP of Business Development at Turn. Maureen led global partnerships across publishers, data products, and alliances. Having played a key role in some of the industry’s first real-time bidding integrations, she has expertise in customer data, analytics, and programmatic ad buying.
Crossbeam is the world’s first and most powerful partner ecosystem platform trusted by more than 8,500 technology companies. We act as a data escrow service that finds overlapping accounts with your partners while keeping the rest of your data private and secure.