At Crossbeam, we have a different approach, a proven approach to deploying network security. One that helps business consolidate and optimize their security infrastructure. The basis of our solution is our open adaptable software and hardware platform (X-Series) that has already transformed hundreds of enterprise customer security networks and over 70 fixed and mobile carrier/service providers.
The X-Series is a high performance “network-in-a box” or virtual infrastructure capable of running any security application from 5Gbps all the way to 150Gbps. The difference? Customers can choose the best-in-class security applications they want to run on the X-Series. The adaptable nature of the platform means that customers can easily provision new applications, change out old ones or scale performance without touching any part of the network architecture.
If you are interested in joining a team with a challenging and rewarding environment, then Crossbeam is the right place for you. An equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and benefits, Crossbeam is always looking for qualified individuals in all disciplines, and around the world, to join our team.
If you do not see a current opening that matches your qualifications, we still encourage you to send your resume to email@example.com.
Please reference the job title when submitting a resume.
We are hiring in the following areas:
Principal Hardware Diagnostics Engineer – Boxborough, MA
Lead position responsible for developing diagnostics package at the system and board level for current and next generation Blue Coat products. This engineer would provide architectural vision and work with the diagnostics team to define diagnostic requirements to fulfill both engineering and production objectives. The individual will lead and work with the engineering product development community to determine requirements, set direction, execute functional documentation, process enhancement, coding, integration test, and training/transfer of diagnostics package to operations for production test.
The preferred candidate will have prior experience defining system diagnostics architecture including system exercisers, leading small teams, and project reporting. The individual will be expected to have vision and leadership skills, and be hands-on.
Desired experience and skills include:
- Leadership of small diagnostics team
- Project-task management including scheduling and project reporting
- Good oral & written communication
- Intel Architecture
- Linux/U-boot environments
- C/C++ & scripting
- IPMI/chassis management
- Microcode/assembler level programming
- Experienced with network processor technologies
- Network/telecom/datacom gear experience
- Ethernet – Phy/Mac layer technologies
Blue Coat develops high performance security application equipment for major enterprise and carrier networks. The products employ state-of-the-art data-com and computer technologies that are both custom and standard product operating in the 100’s of gigabit range. The individual will develop excellent exposure to high performance security equipment and play a contributing role within a privately held high growth company selling product to the security market and additional market applications with excellent growth.
The position will be located in Boxborough, Ma and report to the director of hardware development and work cross-functional within the engineering and manufacturing operations departments.
Education Required: BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CE/CS a plus
Experience Required: 10 – 15 years Hardware Diags Development
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security (antivirus,intrusion detection, web content filtering or firewall, intrusion prevention) and Networking background
- Ability to work with partners/channels (50+ Reseller relationships established)
- Aggressive, Hunter mentality
- Track record of quota achievement
- Stable work history
- Work ethic, drive, intensity
- Certified ISVs: Check Point, Imperva and Sourcefire
- Resellers: Fishnet, Advent, Accuvent
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for supporting their assigned Account Manager and Regional Channel Manager with all technical elements of the sales process while selling Crossbeam solutions to potential customers and resellers. The Systems Engineers primary charter is to obtain solution closure within the sales cycle from the technical buyer, and to maintain account satisfaction with Crossbeam products.
- Partner with Account Executives in a pre-sales capacity presenting Crossbeam products and services while developing designs and solutions aligned to the customer’s business requirements and IT priorities
- Configuring Crossbeam products for evaluation and proof of concepts, as well as responding to all RFP/RFI requests and managing the on-site customer demonstration to obtain solution closure
- Establish trusted advisory partnerships with key customers to define technology direction and adaptation of emerging technologies; perform effective technical opportunity analysis of accounts to know who the key solution decision makers are and maintain effective relationships with those key individuals
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the regional team providing engineering guidance in their area of specialization
- Perform detailed high quality presentations to technical and executive audiences
- Assist with technical trainings and updates to Channel Partners as needed
- Enhance product and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintain thorough Crossbeam product knowledge through new releases and product upgrades
- Effectively balance independent projects while working collaboratively in a team environment and leading growth initiatives
- Remain confident, energetic, and decisive asserting their duties as a System Engineer
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products
- Passion for customer service and success
The selected candidate must have a minimum 5 years of professional industry experience developing and designing large IP-based networks for enterprise Fortune 500 customers. The Engineer is required to have deep and extensive experience in the key technologies related to TCP/IP data protocols and IP routing and switching technologies and must be prepared to review this during the interview screening process. Knowledge and experience with network security products is strongly desired. Pre-sales experience is required. Qualifications also include:
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent is required
- CCNP / CCIE or JNCIE Certification is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required for this role and the candidate should provide examples of their work on request
- Advanced specialization skill in network security products, preferably Check Point Firewall & VSX, ISS Proventia or Sourcefire 3D system
- Other industry certification such as CISSP is desirable
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the assigned geographic region
Interested candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Professional Services Consultant is responsible for delivering both pre-sales and post-sales activities as a part of a fast growing Global Services organization. The PS Consultant will work closely with the sales organization to develop and deliver professional services methodologies and offerings to ensure that Company’s solutions offerings are clearly mapped to the customer and prospect business needs.
- Work with Sales and SEs to engage Professional services in the sales process
- Assist Sales and PS Engagement Managers during pre-sales process in preparing and reviewing proposals, presentations and Statements of Work (SOW) for professional services engagements
- Prepare, develop and execute detailed project implementation plan based on mutually agreed SOW with customers to achieve highest customer satisfaction
- Perform day-to-day management of assigned project to ensure 100% success including customer satisfaction rating between 4-5.
- Provide technical leaderships on assigned consulting projects to ensure 100% success in planning, designing, testing and implementation of company security solutions
- Collaborate with sales, sales engineers, tech support, engineering and field consultants to develop best practices for successful delivery of assigned service engagements
- Work with local Sales management to ensure consistent application of corporate professional services strategy and standards
- Develop and enhance proper tools, policies and systems that provide for a scalable, consistent, efficient, effective and high quality delivery of PS services
- Submit time and expense reports based on defined processes and procedures
- 7+ years hands-on networking and/or network security architecture and implementation experience
- 5+ years technical leadership in a consulting and professional services organizations
- Led network security design, implementation, and configuration projects
- Firewall experience and certification on Check Point, Cisco PIX/ASA and others
- Solid understanding of routing protocols, switching, QoS, WAN, wireless & VLAN technologies with ability to design and configure complex networks
- Solid understanding of IDS, IPS, Content Filtering, Email Security, Penetration Testing, VPN technologies and Security Compliance
- Security experience and/or certifications from Cisco, Websense, IronPort, Crossbeam, Check Point, ISS, RSA, F5, Blue Coat or Qualys
- Industries certification such as CISSP, A+, SANS, GIAC a plus
- VMware experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Very strong customer-facing communication and presentation skills
- Project management in IT security and telecom industry expertise a plus
- This role requires to travel extensively to customer locations to provide pre-sales and on-site consulting service delivery and management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related discipline
Interested candidates should send resume to email@example.com.
Crossbeam Systems, Inc. offers a proven approach to deploying network security that meets the extreme performance, scalability and reliability demands of large enterprises, service providers and government agencies. Its adaptable software and hardware platform, the X-Series, provides an open architecture that integrates network processing with application processing to create a high-performance, fully virtualized security infrastructure.
As a member of the Crossbeam global support team, the Technical Support Engineer will provide direct support for operational networks and security applications, customer trials, as well as the deployment of the product in the field. This includes helping customers and other members of the support staff troubleshoot and analyze problems to ensure the customer success.
In this position, the Technical Support Engineer will set high standards for service quality, customer advocacy, and technical excellence. As a senior member of the Technical Support staff, this individual will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of Crossbeam products and network security solutions to support our global customer base.
- Representing the customer and the sales organization to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Contributing to the development of standards for a problem tracking system and a technical support knowledge base.
- Assisting customers in the installation and deployment of the Crossbeam product in both trial and operational networks.
- Clearly identify, document and find solutions for customer issues and product problems.
- Escalating critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise.
- Communicating technical issues and solutions to the engineering, SQA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base.
- Some travel to customers sites is required
- Ability to debug and reproduce hardware, software, and network problems including network performance and interoperability issues.
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, NFS, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, and ARP.
- Experience with security applications such as Check Point Firewall, Check Point VSX, ISS, Sourcefire, Websense, and Trend is a big plus.
- Experience with firewall applications, VPNs, IPS/IDS, and other security solutions.
- Hands-on LAN/WAN troubleshooting experience using network protocol analyzers and traffic generators such as the sniffer or similar product.
- Working knowledge of Linux with the ability to configure, build, and maintain applications servers, and FTP servers, and web servers.
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and RIP.
- Experience using a CLI for device configurations as well as SNMP based network management system.
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and have demonstrated a history of high-level achievement in cross-functional organizations.
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent technical industry experience.
Interested candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.